Flower power.


Hello, I love to be creative and especially when i can be create things for others. When my niece was born I really wanted to make something that she could keep for a long time. I got inspiration from things that have birth dates on but since i cant sow; i had to think of something else. I collected flowers from my garden and put them in tea towels in heavy books with bricks on top if them. I had no idea how they would come out since I had never done flower pressing before but I had faith.
After a few weeks I unwrapped them I was so happy with the results so stuck them down in a bit of a random fashion, but yet pretty.
I mounted the paper on red card and framed it in a Ikea white frame which was a reasonable price.
I wrote her name and birth date in the center and gave it as a present. Obviously she couldn't enjoy as much as my sister did, but hopefully in the future she will love it. I would recommend this to anyone no matter whether you are crafty or not. Its simple but effective.
xx













5 comments

  1. I love the finished product. I've pressed flowers but never did anything with them. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the finished product. I've pressed flowers but never did anything with them. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea how they would turn out, but luckily they're alright. I love your blog. xx

      Delete
  3. What a cute idea! I think that pressed flowers are beautiful, and you've done great work with them here :)
    Brooke | brookewrote

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wanted to do something different. You're blog is so fun to read. x

      Delete